HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR BLUESTAR BURNERS
In this post we will help you learn how to maintain your Bluestar Burners:
Each of your Bluestar burners has a specific BTU (British Thermal Unit) rating. Before disassembly, note the location of each burner. If a burner is replaced in the wrong position it may not function correctly.
Your ring grates, top grates and burner heads may darken over time with use. This is normal. To prevent your burners from darkening at an uneven rate, rotate the ring grate and top grates between more and less active burners.
- Clean spills as soon as possible to prevent sticking and build up.
- When the burner is cool, remove the ring grate, top grate and center filler grate (30” models only).
- Wash in hot, soapy water. Rinse well, dry thoroughly to prevent rusting and Handle gently to prevent nicks/chips, which can lead to rusting
Bluestar Burner head locations are specific to the valves on the front of the unit. If burner heads are removed for cleaning or other purposes, they must be re-installed in the same location they were removed from. Failure to do so may result in a burner that will not light or possibly have a high flame.
- Burners have a re-ignite feature in case the flame is extinguished for any reason. It may take several seconds for the burner to re-ignite.
- Never operate the burner with the knob set between the HIGH and OFF position. The flame will NOT re-ignite in this position and a gas leak may occur.
For Burner Configurations click here
If needed, the burner head can be removed for cleaning:
- When cool, remove the ring grate and top grate.
- Lift the burner head up and slide the burner head unit including the venturi tube up and slightly toward the back of the range so it clears the metal bar.
- Disconnect the orange igniter wire from its connector.
- Gently clean the exterior of the burner head with warm, soapy water. DO NOT submerge the burner head in water and rinse well and dry thoroughly.
- If the burner ports are clogged, use a push pin, safety pin or other metallic device to carefully clear the hole. Do NOT use a toothpick or any object that could become stuck in the hole.
- Replace the burner head by sliding the burner head unit underneath the metal bar; be sure the air shutter of the venturi tube slides over and is centered on the gas valve jet.
- Reconnect the orange igniter wire to the connector.
- Set the burner head in place and replace the top grate and ring grate.
Click here to watch a video on how to clean your Bluestar Burners
TOP BURNER AIR SHUTTER ADJUSTMENT:
A properly adjusted Bluestar burner head will have sharp conical shaped blue flames. The flame should be an almost all blue but with propane gas the flame is sometimes yellow tipped.
Before you adjust the burner shutter make sure the burner is cool.
- Remove the grate, top grate, griddle or Charbroiler associated with the burners that need to be adjusted.
- Remove the burner to expose the air shutter adjustment screw in the burner cavity.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to loosen the air shutter tightening screw.
- Use your fingers to adjust the air shutter gap:
- Widen the gap to remove the yellow tips and eliminate a lazy flame
- Reduce the gap to remove the lifting flame.
- Tighten the air shutter screw and replace the burner.
- Test it to make sure the adjustments have corrected the problem.
- Turn off the burner and tighten the shutter screw with the screwdriver when adjustments are complete.
- Replace the burner and make sure the venturi is over the orifice correctly and replace the grates.
Click Here for video on how to adjust your burner shutter
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
- Do not try to light any appliance
- Do not touch or activate any electrical switch
- Do not use any phone in your building and immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor’s phone.
- Follow the gas supplier’s instructions.
- If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department
- Installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer, service agency or the gas supplier like ServiceParExcellence.com
For basic troubleshooting help click here
For all your Bluestar Parts you can contact Guaranteed Parts. or call: 1-855-472-4443